Saturday, July 12, 2008

Sis Graduation






I have always looked up to my sis as a kid. She was an awesome role model to me in terms of academics and others. She has been a fantastic individual. As I went to her graduation, I felt so proud of her. Not only did she pass with super flying colors. The fact that she is getting the right recognition for all her hard work and dedication she puts in to being the best that she can achieve without regretting on the things she does. That is something i find very powerful and inspiring. Though I feel inspired from her, i am the total opposite of my sis in teh family. She is like the family jewel, well im just a total opposite. I may not be as successful as her but I am hoping to take it one step at a time to move towards it.

Aside from my sister, when i look at my parents i can see a much joyous expressions on the faces of my dad and mom. The look on their faces were priceless, as when my sister's name got called out, my dad began to teared bit. That was the first time i saw this. I imagined this moment to be highlights in the parenthood of my parents. I fear i might not be able to perform as well and be able to bring them to be so proud of me. To be honest, i have let my parents down in alot of things, I have made empty promises at times and I have felt that the freedom and opportunities they provided for me have been such a blessing. My parents have successfully provided for my sister and myself with a roof over our heads, a room to have our privacy and money for our daily expenses. My parents have also been a major support in our lives. They provide a home not only nurture and comfort but also of unconditional love.

Will I continue to fail and successfully fail my parents again? That is where i have to learn to draw the line. Everyone of us are able to work our hardest diligently. Everyone of us make a difference in the lives around us. One small act can help change the future of yesterday. This was mentioned during a speech during the ceremony which really strike me. How will I change? I do not know. But one thing is certain, my family will forever have my utmost respect. Not because for what they have achieved, but for the hard work and sacrifice they put in to reach they are in their life. I am just a person living off the success they have left for me. However i think its time i forge my own path and achieve my own success without forgetting my family roots and culture.

I hope by doing this i will be able to refer to this someday and look back and say, "I have do on what I have set out to do. I made a difference and stand out and shine."


No comments: